This seems like a really fun event for makers and artists alike in the NYC area. They are also promoting participation by putting the hacks online during the event.
Art Hack Day is an event dedicated to cracking open the process of art-making, with special reverence toward open-source technologies. Between January 26 – January 28, artists and collaborators will inhabit 319 Scholes to create and explore the participatory nature of technology, bringing together hackers whose medium is art and artists whose medium is technology. The event will be streamed to online audiences, who will be encouraged to participate through various platforms to be listed soon on the ArtHackDay.net website. Visitors are invited to engage and interact with the projects online throughout the hack, as well as join the teams on Saturday night for a closing exhibition, live performances, and a massive party.
– Hacking begins Thurs Jan 26, 7pm –
– Live-streaming tour of the event Friday Jan 27 3pm –
– Exhibition open to the public Sat Jan 28 7pm –
– Live performances & party open to the public Sat Jan 28 9pm –
– @319 Scholes St, Brooklyn (3 blocks off Montrose stop on the L) –